Are you interested in joining the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps? Before you start the application process, there are a few requirements you should know about. All cadets and parents must go through the application and interview process, and cadets must pass a basic medical exam for physical training clearance performed by their doctor.
Other mandatory requirements:
- League Cadets must be between the ages of 10 and 13.
- Sea Cadets must be between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Cadets must complete and submit all NSCC application forms to include the medical evaluation and medical history forms.
- Clermont Battalion Enrollment fee for new cadets is $300. Re-enrollment each year is $200. The Clermont Battalion will provide a new set of PT gear for re-enrolling cadets to keep permanently. *Discounts apply for multiple cadets within the same family.
- Fees for summer training events vary. See Training page for details.
- Cadets must work toward progression in rank at a minimum of one rank per calendar year. See Advancement page for details.
- Cadets must pass the Physical Readiness Test every 6 months. See PRT page for details.
- Cadets must be a US Citizen.
- Cadets must have Navy regulation haircut and no facial hair prior to enrolling.
- Cadets must be a full-time student in an accredited school or homeschooled and must maintain satisfactory grades (2.00 “C” grade point average.)
- Cadets must be vaccinated for normal childhood diseases.
- Cadets must attend a minimum of 75% of all drills.
- Cadets must be free of any felony and/or misdemeanor convictions.
Click here to fill out our contact form to set up your visit and interview.